Anti-Bullying Statement - please read our policy for further information
Bullying takes place in schools as it does in other work places.
The aim of the anti-bullying policy is to ensure that pupils in this school learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment without fear of being bullied. Bullying is anti-social behaviour and this includes cyber-bullying, it affects everyone; it is unacceptable and will not be tolerated at Cockshutt CE Primary School & Nursery. Only when all issues of bullying are addressed will pupils be able to fully benefit from the opportunities available at our school.
Bullying by definition is:
Behaviour by an individual or group, usually repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another individual or group either physically or emotionally. At Cockshutt CE Primary School & Nursery we take guidance from:
Shropshire Children’s Trust and Safeguarding Children Board
Our approach to equality is based on the following mission statement:
'A Quality Education for ALL for Life'
'Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing'. 1 Thessalonians 5 v11
1. All learners are of equal value: "‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12v31
2. We recognise and respect difference
3. We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
4. We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development.
5. We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
6. We have the highest expectations of all our children.